Thursday, May 08, 2008


There are times I just wished that I took the road less traveled. Before I entered PHSA, I was actually contemplating taking holy orders and becoming a priest, or a Benedictine monk. In grade school, I spent a great deal of time in the Chapel of DLSZ; I remember kneeling in front of the altar, looking intently at the crucifix with the image of the resurrected Christ, imagining that it was beckoning me to lead a contemplative life, or maybe He was...I always felt secure and loved in that calm environment. I remember earnestly praying the rosary and looking at the stained glass windoes depicting St La Salle and the other La Sallite brothers. But then I also wanted to become an artist, and I got that government scholarship to PHSA.


Things happen for a purpose. I just miss my religious fervor and the faith I had as a child. I sometimes wished that I could somehow enter the Benedictine Monastery in Malaybalay, Bukidnon because of its peacefulness and pristine beauty. Only time will tell.


No comments: