Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thoughts

I once read in a book somewhere that the greatest journey that any human being can ever take is a journey to find one's self. Hasn't that been the proverbial and eternal question besieging the human consciousness: Who am I? Why am I here? What am I here for? Where am I now? How am I to live? Each day offers a hint for the answer, however, we miss out and tend to be blind to these resolutions. Maybe because, these answers are too painful for us to bear and accept, or too far-fetched to consider.

Somehow, the human being was built to be contumacious--we defy the powers of a higher being directing our lives--giving out evident answers to who we are. At 32, I have grown tired of struggling, of defying the powers-that-be. I have learned to accept what God decides for me. He knows far better of the things and opportunities I need.
I may make plans, but eventually it's God who would direct my steps...even if it goes ever so slowly.

1 comment:

hugs and kisses said...

I agree with you in this thoughts.
We just have to bear in mind that truly it is God who directs our paths meaning that is His will in our lives thus, we can see our purpose in life is through obedience, obedience to God's instructions. We are trained here on earth to obey Him for this is the way with Him to eternity.