Thursday, March 15, 2007



Remembering Jasper Fforde
I remembered reading Jasper Fforde's first novel three years back. It was one of the best reads I had because it took away the boredom I felt whenever I was stuck in the office of Mr. Fat Rich Negerense Congressman I worked for in the House of Representatives. The book was very imaginative for me...a Literary Department for the Police? Even the protagonist has a peculiar name - Detective Thursday Next.
I often wished that I could be part of the story. If there was a chance for anyone to enter a book or story of his/ her choice, what would it be? If I could trap anyone of my "enemies" (though I don't think I have one, I have always been good to everyone I know) in a poem, what would it be? Maybe, I'll take Fforde's cue and trap them in Edgar Allan Poe's poem "The Raven," so that they'll always have to say the refrain "Nevermore."

No comments: